www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips
    Posted: 05 February 2005 at 8:04am

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

I think it would be good if anyone who has bright idea that they put on their fusion, be it an upgrade to improve performance, something to improve looks, or a tip that would help others should post it here. Then we can all share the ideas and make our cars better. (providing a web link would be fantastic)

So come on if we all contribute one thing then we will all learn a lot!This nitro turing forum is starting to get moving so lets keep it going.

Edited by kiwi7
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 8:08am

Im with you on this one, Any thing i do will be posted with pics on here

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 8:52am

Ok I hope this works, there has been a lot of talk re air filters. I have had the standard fusion air filter, a K & N and now 1/8 buggy motorsaver air filter. I have found the best to be the motorsaver. Looks wise the K& N was the best but as I learnt on a number of websites this could be putting my engine at risk so I replaced it. I bought mine on e bay through http://rchopups.co.uk/ Also the motorsaver has a three stage filtration system.

The only other thing you will have to do unless you run a ute body is cut a larger hole in your shell to accomodate this. On mine I have used a circle cutter. In fact having cut this hole I think has made improvments in the overall air flow. If the photos have not worked I will post a link.

Edited by kiwi7
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:27am

Ok here's my two cent's worth.......

Here's the way I charge my fusion it beats buying batteries all the time its all availible from your local hobby store and you dont need to take off your battery box lid all the time.

Heres the first pic all set up in the car now i've had this set up as long as i've been into car's and has'ent caught or snaged anything. Its the wire poking out of the battery box witch plugs into the charger witch plugs into the mains.

And here it is pluged into the charger..I have the battery box out of the car for the pic's....The other out let you can see plugs into the back of your pistol grip and charges the same time as your car....

Now the rechargable battery I chose was the sanyo like the one in the next picture....

Now the next pic is the whole assembley shown with the battery box off all the wiring is in the on/off switch you can buy them at any hobby store its the same as a normal one but has an extra wire off the +pos side to allow charging of the sanyo battery inside.....

Once assembled you need neva take the battery boxlid off only to do major repairs or change of reciever etc....... so next pic is assembled again ready to be put back in the car........

So as easy as that you can just plug your car into the mains and charge over nite or whateva Even inbetween runs like I do just to make sure its at full charge......

Hope its helpfull but definatly pays off in the long run........

Edited by blade954
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:55am

Totally agree with  Blade I have got the same system, it saves money in the long run.I use a pro peak 2500 battery charger which I can fast charge or trickle with.

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 10:17am

There have been some posts about mounting temp gauges. I mounted mine on the top deck behind the motor. There is enough space in front of the upper suspension mount. Most temp gauges will come with sticky foam so that you can secure it or alternatively stationery shops sell them. Mounting here also means you can view easily view the gauge through the rear wind shield.Old photo with K & N by the way. If you other want to show some ideas here is a that tells you how to mount photos onto your posts.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:03am

Nice work .......

ps is the upper deck on your fusion ally kiwi7.?

Edited by blade954
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 12:55pm

hmm im gonna have to look into one of those chargers

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:03pm

Yes it is aircraft grade aluminium, custom made, lighter, stronger, looks good and will help me with a modification I plan to do in the next 3 months.

Come on Sirus, tell us an idea for the fusion.... anything for looks, extra control or engine

Edited by kiwi7
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:11pm
strengthened aluminium, they use it in tanks between layers of armor for strength, nice, i bet that cost you a pretty penny
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:14pm
You make it your self ....... i've a friend who  has a plasma cutter at work was going to get him to try the same thing even a chassis or two and get it polished .....
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:16pm
No I bought it, would probably cost you $120-$150 Aus dollars by the time you included postage.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:16pm
im working on a vapour fuel injection system, but thats about all
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:18pm

Make sure you post on this thread when you have more of an idea Sirus then we can use it as a resource for oursleves and other fusion owners.

Edited by kiwi7
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 1:21pm

I see os has a fuel ingected four stroke motor out now thats where the super charger would be handy.....hehe  will try and get a pic up soon. Ok its a plane engine but cars cant be to far away......

Edited by blade954
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 2:03pm

Just did this mod today as well (yes been busy today) put the r12 carbon brake disk kit on and must say after a few runs definitly out runs the stock brake the fusion comes with... heres a pic....

The kit comes with new shoes and all the gear to refreash you braking system on the fusion...The part number is U2588y......

Edited by blade954
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 5:11pm
This was my first shell i done but i did not wash or lightly sand the shell just wanted to get it done and after one run it looked like this because the paint had nothing to grip to and chiped of. So never rush things or you end up with a shell like this /leescar
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 5:18pm

Excellent tip Lee, here is a very good link that will help those wanting to paint a new shell.

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/body_paint.asp

nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 5:53pm
Blade954, fuel injection is not new to rc cars they had a injection system out for cars back in the early 90's . But the company that made the system lost license rights to the technology so they went out of business.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 1:19am

Ok just an extension on the battery post earlier. I have also fitted a battery monitor to my hump pack so that I can see when I need to recharge. A cheap project only a few pounds but it helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
  Share Topic