www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 4:23pm
Wow!!
incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:40pm
Just out of interest peeps what size bodyshell would you recomend for a fusion with the R12 hubs with 30mm wheels. 200mm or 235mm?
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:48pm
I always take my car with me to the hobbyshop and do a trial fitting just to make sure the rear tires don't stick out. With 30mm tires you should be ok with 200mm or 235mm.
Pixy_Black View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixy_Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 2:16pm
200mm is more than wide enough for the 30mm tyres
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:27pm
Some from HPI arent long enough, bodies like the lamborghini and similar sports car bodies from them fit fine.
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 1:14pm
Thats why I always do a trial fitting first.
chillout_ice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillout_ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 8:09pm
not got a fusion me self but i do have a menace with all the hop ups however ive screwed the engine up so am looking for  a replacement or a bigger one any recomendations
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:46am
the new evo thundertiger.21 engine that some are talking about would be a good replacement.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 8:23am
Go Tech 5 port would rip the tranny apart, they make either 21 or get the wolf adapters and go the .28 6 port with either roto or pull start....
r5gtt2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5gtt2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 1:56am
Wow, what a post, you guys really know your stuff, think im going to buy a few parts mentioned here if i ever get my motor back together hehe, Where is the best place to buy shells as mine seems to have holes where it doesn't need them and no paint where it should have paint, Bolton wanderers carpark is to blame, wonder if they will pay for my car parts i need 
splint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 11:54am

Some Shells can be found on the HPI website

http://www.hpiracing.com/

Adam

r5gtt2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5gtt2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 12:55pm
Thanks mate what size are fuzion 21 shells ? Also is it possible to steam clean the engine ? it's quite dirty on the outside but im not sure if the steam would mess the motor up as ive no idea what i could use to cover the holes up to the inside.
Thanks
incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 8:40pm
The fusion uses a 200mm shell but as its quite big i would recoment taking it to the shop to do a trial fitting. I don't think steam cleaning would damage the engine at all but it would be best to take it off the car while you do it.

Edited by incognito
r5gtt2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5gtt2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 11:49pm
Awesome i will get onto it when i have some spare time, Just been putting the car back together thi evening and it's took about 3 hours just to put the belt and front and rear diffs on, So fiddly, My first time too so im sure it will get easier when i have done it a few times heh, has anyone got a metal rod thing that covers the bottom part of the belt ? it sits on the chassis. but how do i err fasten/make it not move ? it has one tiny hole in it at one end but im not sure that does anything because if i was to screw something into the hole it would just screw into the belt, im puzzled on how to do it, any ideas ? Thanks
Anthoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 12:08am

The alloy belt cover is locacted by a small plastic piece,look at the pic here.

r5gtt2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5gtt2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 11:11am
Awesome thanks again 
incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 3:18pm
Here is a incognito top tip - Don't buy the schumacher fuel filter!:

As you can see the standard fuel filter in the fuel tank is bigger and the case of the fuel filter is ridiclously big! The filter in there doesn't even take up half of the space inside of there.
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 3:55pm

Nice One Incognito

Qaz

bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:46am

another tip dont cheep out get 2.4 gig controler

dont matter wut brand it is just get it

Edited by bucci
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 5:03am
ill agree with both of those, i run a second in line fuel filter, save my engine acouple times i think, i also run a spektrum 3.0 set, no such thing as interference now, unless the car gets higher then the remote, dont ask me why but it glitches crazy when that happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 53>
  Share Topic