www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 53>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 8:03am

Lee C, I do have to have shell slightly higher than  would like but it will do for now, I am going to send Schumacher an e- mail and see which frewer shell has the most clearance in this area and then probably upgrade to that.

Also so mate if you won the boost bottle, you could send me a cheque I guess I could  do that for anyone on the forum, you would just have to wait for the cheque to clear. Let me know.

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 8:09am

Also I was thinking anyone wanting to do the upgrade on the cooling head, please take note.  I strongly recommend that you get the right tools for the job. Removing the head securing bolts can be difficult at the best ot times and an allen key frankly does not do the job. Get a set of allen drivers, if you ruin the head of bolt, meaning you can't get it unscrew it, the only way you could then possibly get the bolts of would be cutting the fins of the head with a grinder so you could get to them.(ouch)  The place I recommended for the screw set has a set of allen drivers for about 9 and they are excellent.

Just a tip - right tools for the right job!

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 10:34am

Well I tried my car out with the new head, boost bottle and brakes.

The average temp I'm pretty sure has dropped by 35-40 F

The R12 brakes with a light sanding are a big improvement ( its stops significantly quicker)

Acceleraton is very good

A very happy man indeed

No I am just wanting for my 35mms

Edited by kiwi7
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 11:04am

whats the height difference in the heads kiwi7 ??

go the ute shell......

Edited by blade954
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 11:13am

Here you will see the difference

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 11:16am
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 11:39am

Just wanted to know me thinks that it will stick out over the roof a bit.............

What do you think.......

lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:52pm

Kiwi7 mate............if you still got that boost bottle i will send the money to you

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:23pm
Lee c on ebay a Schumacher forum member has already bid so it would unfair if I didn't leave it on there.  If you want  to bid on ebay I will take a cheque.
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:29pm

Never mind mate ill keep an eye out for one..........cheer's anyway

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 2:12pm
kiwi7 post a link from where you sourced yours from am interested myself.......
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2005 at 9:07am
Any one on here run the titanium lower hinge pins I'm sick of bending the metal ones are they all what they are cracked up to be.....
Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2005 at 5:28pm

Well dont know whether to put this here but ill see. Well heres the part this bit

adn as its plastic and broke im thinking of cnc routering an alloy one in college, unless schumacher do one any one able to help. thanks 

Edited by Hawkeye
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2005 at 10:33pm
Anyone now what are good spring's to get for the fusion i got the standerd yellow one's but they seem a bit hard, need some thing abit softer.........any help  

Edited by lee_c
marshall878 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshall878 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2005 at 10:42pm
anyone have any trouble with the diff walls falling off the diff and wearing away? ive gone through  loads of diff walls and its annoying

oh for the above post, try the blues, when i was at snetterton last year everyone was running them and ive noticed a huge difference

Edited by marshall878
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 12:16am
lee check out my last post in fusion handling......
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 7:50am
I would be interested to know if anoyone has upgraded their servos on their fusion and if so if you have found better handling and control?
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:06am
doesnt really matter, about servo's fusion dosent put much torque on them so reply time wouldent vary, but speed on which it reaches it max might make a difference, i use futaba s3003 servo's, they r just standard ones, but for a little more they have better ones with more torque and speed.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:09am
I was thinking of upgrading my throttle servo to improve off line acceleration and braking. But then I guess if I did this  Iwould want to go in a striaght line so maybe upgrading the steering servo may help in this regard.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:20am

I had am when i first started but changed to fm, I myself found it was quicker and less interferance when using the car.....

The jr's i upgraded to were about $100.00 each....

Edited by blade954
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 53>
  Share Topic