www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 53>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 11:02pm
I got a fuel filter on mine kiwi7 but i think the fuel tank has got a filter in it because mine was blocked is it that little black ball in the tube ?
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 7:18am
lol shouldent be anything in the tubes, its a gold thing inside the tank, it does come standard, but its not a good one, i was gonna buy one, but i forgot, and now i forgot which one it was, and if that fuel filter seeps man take it back, or check what gauge fuel line it was built for because it shouldent do that at all, and if you do put another filter in, dont try to take the one in the tank out, its impossible with out breaking the fuel tank, there was a post about this befor the forums got upgraded.
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 12:02pm

Has anyone got the pro diff's in there fusion yet, i have alot of problem's with diff's so thinking about geting them if anyone's got them or got some info on them let me know thanks

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 12:15pm
Ask sirus think he just put them in......
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 12:17pm

i have one :P, i think that its not so much the diff that's screwing up, but what its sitting on, and wats holding the belt in place, id try MAYBE glueing the diff fence's on, and the bearings that they have that sit on the diff to make it roll smooth, they are good bearings but they arnt the best, i got extra high clearince bearings, at 15 bux a pop LOL, they are 1 hell of a lot smoother, and thats compairing them to the PRO diff that i just got, also make sure you got alloy diffmounts, as expencive as they are, they do make a difference.

also seal the holes in your chassy with duct tape, stones dont get caught in there for very long and you dont notice them, but they do get there, tear at the teeth on your diff pully, and then fall out, so it screws it.

lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 2:32pm
Cheer's sirus iv seen alloy diff mount's hub carriers ect...............at my LHS and yer seen the price of umbut i will still be tempted get them anyway they do lk the beeeeeeee's and if they help my driving out a little there be worth it.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 6:08pm

We talked about this in an earlier post but I thought I would show you what I got in my replacement screw kit for the fusion. It arrived today and I was really impressed, I have replacments for all screws on my fusion and no longer will need to order bits and pieces here and there. All the screws etc are stainless steel and very good quality.

The link for this product is : http://www.jespares.com/catalog/index.php ,just look in the stainless steel screw kits section under Schumacher and you will find it.(also it has good section on the benefits of this upgrade and many other products to browse as well. The customer service is great and I have had a very quick response to any questions. Anyway I think it was a wise purchase and now when I lose a screw I will not have to wait a couple of days for a replacement to arrive. They also do a screw kit for the menace.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:05am
holy jebus, dam im saving and buying, that dam little star allen key thing i always screw up the screws with it :P, ive got some titanium speed secret screws that i use to screw into the plastic parts, and they rock , but that would be awsome to have!
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 7:47am
Sirus they also have an excellent allen driver set which is much better to use than allen keys. Also they are an excellent price compared to other name brands.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:37am
I have one of those torx 10 bits in a electric drill make for easy work am in the middle of changing the torx bits for allens but am looking if i can get anodised bolts.....
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:11pm

Ok I have finally got my fusion back together and the forecast looks reasonable for the weekend so hopefully I will give it a run. Thought you guys might like to see some photos. If you want any info re the cooling head send me a PM and I will send you the details for the supplier. I got it from America and a bit cheaper than getting it from the UK. Anyway I would be pleased to hear any opinions on what you think of it now and if you have any more ideas for improvements or tips for running etc. If you are intersted in a boost bottle for your fusion or menace I have one for sale at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category =19168&item=5956299902&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:14pm
KIWI 7 ...............That is one super clean fine looking machine!
col7104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col7104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:26pm
Couldn't have put it better myself!
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:08pm
Now that's what talking about............ Kiwi7.............you got one hell of a bling bling car very nice work matewhat engine you useing?
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:16pm
It is just the standard fusion engine with an upgraded cooling head
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:24pm
yer sorry mate i dident read your post carefully.......i did realise after i posted........ what shell you useing for it
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:32pm
Subaru at the moment, still fits with head
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:39pm
Shocked me it looked look it wasent going to fit i had trouble with 3 of my shell's that's with the normal head...........happy driving then
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:47pm
I would of had that boost bottle of you kiwi7 but i can't join ebay with my cash card
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:59pm
Nice work kiwi7 hope it goes as hard as it looks, Hes definatly got the bug hey boys........nice car
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 53>
  Share Topic