www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades/ Improvments/ Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 10:51am

thread is lookin good, i got my fusion back together today, i baught some alloy diff mounts 60 fn bux, and only for 1 diff! i mean come on that abit of a rip job, and befor you say they are cheaper at metro blade  , i know lol, i just forgot to get frontline to match prices.

anyway i got it on the road, sat everything down set it up to get started, and i took it slow cos its first time in a few months, but i put the glow plug on and i put the key in and started turning, primed it, then tryed to get it to start, and it just wouldent start, and im like wtf's goin on, so i checked the battery(on my tounge lol) and there was charge, so i put it back and tryed it again, so i thought screw it i'll try a battery out of my reciever, AND THE DAM THING STARTED, i was pissed, so i launched the big stipid battery down the street, then my cordless ran out of battery, so i had to go inside, i didnt even get to drive it

Edited by sirus
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:06am
We have all had days like that!(well at least those of us who will admit it)
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:10am
Sirus,sirus,sirus mate when you can go rechargables do it you could have charged every thing last nite and had her running..... Sorry to hear.....would make me   to........

Edited by blade954
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:12am
yes me to have had days where i just put it back in the box.......hehe
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 1:13pm

Recently a couple of us were talking about removing the shim between the top of the engine and cooling head to increase compression. Well I checked with Chris at Schumacher and he has got back to me and said it is not possible as the the piston will then hit the base of the head. ( Glad I waited or it would have been )

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 1:16pm
Pheeww I was so tempted to start it up glade I dident would have been sending the new motor to rbmods a lot quicker than I hoped..... 
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 6:00pm

When you replace your gears or have them off for any reason one of the most important things is that when you put them back together that you get a good mesh between the gears and the pinion bell. If you have the connection to tight then you will get premature wear and too loose you could possibly strip the teeth from your gears. If you use a piece of paper as shown below and place it between the gears and pinion bell before you tighten the nut on the outside of the gears and screw the engine down then you will get a perfect mesh.

Once you have carefully put the piece of paper in then tighten the nut on the outside of the gears and screw the engine down. Its up to you but some people use threadlock on the engine bolts that screw into the engine mounts.( it pays to check these as if the are loose then they will cause the pinion bell to move which can also cause dmage ot the gears. Once everything is tight just remove the paper by moving the gears forward by hand and you should then have a good mesh. Hope that helps.

Has anyone got any ideas regarding trying to stop the drill rubbing against the header pipe when you use the e start? ( I was going to change to a rear exhaust but found it more trouble than it was worth)

lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 7:29pm

Good tip that will come in handy got to get a new belt soon and have to strip my whole car for the first time

lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 7:36pm
To stop the dill grinding the header pipe file the hex drill bit to make it round and smooth then it give's a bit more room and don't eat away at your header pipe.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 7:39pm
Thanks mate I will give that a go if got a couple of spare hex drives as you get a new one each time you order an e start bolt!
lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 7:49pm
Here's 10 cheap trick's to make your fusion faster not that it need's to be http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-cars-planes/html_templat es/storacing_templates/horsepower.htm
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 8:41pm

Lee mate, such a good idea. Had a play round and this is what I came up with. Have taken the edges of the driver and it is so much better. I think I will spray with WD-40 before use aswell to lubricate slightly. Thanks again!

lee_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 8:53pm
Look's good mate that's how i wanted mine but i got carried away and done it a bit thin but it do make starting better
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:07pm
Fellas I was told to try graphite powder in the hex head and have no problems the good thing is that its dry and flings off once started it comes in a squeezy bottle with a nozel so not messy either.......
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 7:23am
yeh i use graphite powder, great stuff.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 7:25am

as a hints and tips section, everyone should place their toe in and out settings and any other ones they can think of, dont put them all on one line as its hard to read and makes my eyes confused

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 5:14pm

Good idea Sirus I would really appreciate any help on setting my car up to handle better aswell.

Doubling up on retainer springs

If you are buying a new header pipe this can be a quick modification you can do which isn't for looks but more for safety and it was shown to me a by a guy who has an rc truck. When you get your header pipe you will get a new spring to retain the pipe with. Instead of throwing the old one away or keeping in your parts box put it to use by doubling up. All you need to do is drill to small holes in the bracket that holds the exhaust to the engine and there you go double the protection, so if you crash there is less chance of the header pipe removing itself. Not a flashy mod but one for those of a more sensible mind Most of the tips we have put on here can be applied to to other rc vehicles and in particular the Menace

Edited by kiwi7
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by sirus sirus wrote:

as a hints and tips section, everyone should place their toe in and out settings and any other ones they can think of, dont put them all on one line as its hard to read and makes my eyes confused

................Sirus on the front of my fusion I usually run 1/2 degree  - 1 degree toe-out. And on the rear I usually run 1 1/2  - 2 degrees toe-in.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 10:43pm

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of the best type of fuel filter. I have a screw together silver one but I have seen longer looking ones in photos( I think they might be mugen ones but not sure) Also my fuel tank already has filter inside it( I think it might be standard),  was wondering how to tell if this internal one is past it's best?

Cheers for any help

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 10:51pm
I got a eagle racing one with a oring seal in the middle and every time i use it it weeps so i took it off was meant to be one of the best but with the fusion i havent run 1 due to the one in the tank .....and havent had any problems....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
  Share Topic