www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New lrp sxx but which one??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New lrp sxx but which one??
    Posted: 05 April 2010 at 11:11pm
Hi everyone's raving about the lrp sxx speedo now it has version 3
software but which one ? I'm running 13.5 so should I get the stock
spec or the tc spec version? Thanks
Loosenut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loosenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 1:59am

TC spec rocks. Have found Castle Creations unit more reliable though.

So far I have had problems with 3x of the older TC spec contollers and 1x of the sxx tc. The Castle Creations unit still keeps going.

I have to say though that the power delivery and launch mode is very good using LRP probably better than the Castle Creations unit.

All of the above are running either 3T or 4T x12 motors.

Edited by Loosenut
mutley001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 9:27am

For running 13.5 you will struggle with the TC Spec esc to get anywhere near the same top speed. The Stock spec is the one you should get but be warned, they are very aggressive so take care with gearing and the profiles used

YZFAndy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YZFAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 5:06pm
I have the spx stock spec and you should be looking at the sxx stock spec for anything 9.5 and higher, 13.5 especially. The stock spec is aimed at the stock spec motors and will advance the timing quicker i belive than a TC aimed at modified.

They are very aggressive but i think that helped me quite a bit getting the power on sooner on corner exit. I only need to used profile 7 on the spx and thats high grip carpet and had to drop the pinion down 5 teeth on 48dp.
Apart for the lack of update ability for the firmware i would say that range or controllers is pretty good.
CuttingEdge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuttingEdge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 5:07pm
If Racing Stock 13.5 or 10.5 you need the stock Spec for sure the Tc Spec just won't be competative ......

Although you do need to get the gearing just right to make them sing and only you can find the magic gearing ....... as all motors tracks driving styles will come into the perfect gearing ......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic